Monday 25 February 2013

Where I tell you about myself

A little about myself, with the help of Instagram.


My name is Laura, and I am right-handed, green-eyed, wavy-haired and Northern Irish - and this is my word-space. I've tried to work this many times in many different ways and it has never quite kicked off, but I have a good feeling about this time.

I have worn many hats in 20 years, including schoolgirl, sales assistant, hairdresser, medical student and international student ministry co-ordinator (amongst various literal hats). I am now a full-time church youth worker on a year-long missions team with the Irish Methodist Church. 


Books were my first great love. Words are powerful and precious, letters joined to give colour and sound, beautifying a blank page and a blank life with jewels and song. The type inside the binding of a book breathes life to new worlds, endless Creations and Characters, opening up a beautiful harvest of new hearts to know.


I'm an inadequate musician, but love to make music regardless. Songs are transcendent; the proof that beauty was never meant to be purely about the visual. Music connects us to God. One of the only things that is carried with us into eternity is our sung praise to Him and so one piercing note of a song gives us a glimpse of forever.  I am a reluctant worship leader, who loves nothing more than finding a reinvention of a good old hymn - which is where the inspiration for the title of this blog comes from.


I grew up, live by and love the sea; so much so that I can't believe that my heartbeat doesn't sound like the shore.



I am a desperate romantic.



One of my favourite places in the world is a beautiful tea shop in the medieval streets of Norwich, England. I spent the best days of a beautiful year hidden there, drinking every type of tea in every colour, and aroma known to man. Since then, I've done little but drink teas that look like they should be part of an art project rather than swallowed (although I'd never turn down a cup of fresh coffee), and I spend more time and money than is recommended in local coffee shops and tea houses. 



I love love love to bake


This is my church. I believe in God my Father, Christ my Redeemer, and the Holy Spirit my Guide. I believe in the Everlasting, the Beautiful One, that he is my Provider, my Shepherd and my Peace. This is what defines me: I am Christ's. His Beloved, bought with His blood.

You can find me here:
Twitter
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment